Gluttony. Man, these are very positive, aren’t they? Envy, gluttony, pride, anger… Okay, gluttony. What is gluttony? Gluttony is just eating too much stuff, basically. Too much food and drink. God has given us food. Food’s great. I mean, isn’t it fun to have different tastes and things like that? God could’ve made everything to taste like Styrofoam, but he didn’t! It’s a sin, though, when we eat too much or drink too much.
And so often, we’re feeling down or we’re hurt so what do we do? We’re like a bunch of blue sharks in a feeding frenzy. Our eyes roll back in our heads and we just go to town!
I often fight that every weekend. After speaking four or five times, I’m exhausted emotionally. I’ll eat anything in sight!
But I think God wants balance in our lives. He didn’t want us to freak out or go overboard about diet. I mean, we should live by the 90/10 principle. 90% of the time we should eat pretty clean and healthy. The other 10% you can have some nachos with cheese, a little milkshake now and then, a little Ben & Jerry’s. That’s okay. But why do we stuff our faces? That’s a good question. That’s the thing to think about.
Slothfulness. I didn’t say sloppiness. Slothfulness. That’s another stump.
What’s slothfulness? Slothfulness is saying, “I don’t know, whatever.” Maybe at work you’re going and going and making deals and doing all this stuff. But then with your marriage and family you say, “I don’t care really. It just kind of handles itself.”
Or maybe you’re into the marriage and the family and all that. But then at work, you’re lazy. Slothfulness.
Slothfulness can really hurt us spiritually. It can hurt us eternally. In Acts 24:25 Paul was talking to a man named Felix. Felix was convicted, and Scripture says that Felix said, “Well, Paul, I feel ya. (he didn’t say “I feel ya”—that’s my paraphrase) But I want to call for you at a more convenient time.”© Copyright 2012 admin, All rights Reserved. Written For: C3 Global Leadership